We took the liberty of drawing 2022 redistricting proposals for every state that has more than one Congressional district.
Some lines are quite different from what existed in the past, and believe us, that’s intentional. If there is one game we are not playing, it’s gerrymandering. No, that’s not just because we sketch out the district lines for our election maps. It’s an affront to what good governance should be. This was part of the inspiration for redrawing the lines in every state, not just the ones with obvious gerrymanders.
Earlier this year, we discovered Districtr.org, a free redistricting map tool brought to you by the Metric Geometry and Gerrymandering Group (MGGG) Redistricting Lab. It’s quickly become one of our favorite websites of all-time; all a political nerd could want and more.
We have maps for every multi-district state based on 2020 Census information. Yes, some states beat us to it and already put out their own proposed maps. A few have even approved theirs. They can do their thing and we’ll do ours, thank you very much. Images of the maps are below, as are links to the files which break down population and other demographic data.
Our goal was to issue new Congressional district maps for the 2022 election based on as small a population imbalance as possible (0.2% deviation or less in all states except Iowa, which doesn’t break counties down), geographical compactness, and respecting county lines as the situation may warrant. Keeping counties fully intact is not always possible if one is trying to respect a population balance as well, but we do what we can.
Would these districts pass the muster of the Voting Rights Act? That’s up for smarter people to decide, if they want to spend their free time on such things. All we can say is that we did our best NOT to intentionally split of communities of common interest.
Please note that as you open maps at the links below, it may take a few moments for all of the districts to fill their populations in.
Electionarium’s US House 2022 Redistricting Proposals: Alabama Through Connecticut
- Alabama Districtr.org map
- Arizona Districtr.org map
- Arkansas Districtr.org map
- California Districtr.org map
- Colorado Districtr.org map
- Connecticut Districtr.org map
House 2022 Redistricting Proposals: Florida Thru Idaho
House 2022 Redistricting Proposals: Illinois Thru Massachusetts
- Illinois Districtr.org map
- Indiana Districtr.org map
- Iowa Districtr.org map
- Kansas Districtr.org map
- Kentucky Districtr.org map
- Louisiana Districtr.org map
- Maine Districtr.org map
- Maryland Districtr.org map
- Massachusetts Districtr.org map
Electionarium’s US House 2022 Redistricting Proposals: Michigan Thru New Mexico
- Michigan Districtr.org map
- Minnesota Districtr.org map
- Mississippi Districtr.org map
- Missouri Districtr.org map
- Montana Districtr.org map
- Nebraska Districtr.org map
- Nevada Districtr.org map
- New Hampshire Districtr.org map
- New Jersey Districtr.org map
- New Mexico Districtr.org map
House 2022 Redistricting Proposals: New York Thru Rhode Island
- New York Districtr.org map
- North Carolina Districtr.org map
- Ohio Districtr.org map
- Oklahoma Districtr.org map
- Oregon Districtr.org map
- Pennsylvania Districtr.org map
- Rhode Island Districtr.org map